1. The kettle body is on the base
2. You have the 2.4ghz frequency enabled in the router setting
3. Your mobile phone is already connected to your home Wi-Fi
4. There is strong Wi-Fi signal (ideally full strength) on your mobile and you are not connecting it to any Wi-Fi extender
5. You have the correct Wi-Fi password.
6. Reset the kettle by turning off and on from the socket before connecting.
7. Reboot your Wi-Fi router if many attempts have failed.
With the "Slow connecting method" it is possible that due to slow internet speed, the app is showing connection failed while after a few seconds the connection becomes successful, indicated by the solid Wi-Fi Indicator on the kettle base. So please just give this method a small pause following the app shows connection failed.
Kettle lost its connection and shows "Offline" on the app
Most likely the Wi-Fi in the environment has dropped at some point and when this happens, the kettle will shut off its connection mode after failing to find a network to connect to after 10 minutes time.
To reconnect, please simply press and hold the 100°C button until the beeping sound then the product should be auto connected to the same network.
In the very rare case when this doesn't work, please reboot the Wi-Fi router.
I have a new Wi-Fi provider, how can I connect to the new Wi-Fi?
Please simply press and hold the On/Off button - this will remove the kettle from the Smart Life app and become ready to be connected again.
Then please simply follow the user manual to add the kettle to the app using either the fast connection method or the slow connection method.
Method 2 - Please follow below steps to connect the kettle to Alexa manually:
1. Set up the kettle on the Smart Life app. Before connecting with Alexa, you need to be able to control the kettle via the mobile app first.
2. Go to Alexa app, go to “More” at the right bottom corner, click “Skills & Games” and search “Smart Life”
3. Enable the Smart Life skill, log in with your Smart Life account credentials and follow the in-app guide to link your Smart Life account with Alexa
4. Still on the Alexa app, go to "Device” at the bottom, click on the "+" button on the top right corner, click “Add Device”, Scroll to the bottom, click "Other" and click “Discover Devices”.
Please note that during this process the echo dot, the kettle and your phone should ideally be in close proximity to ensure optimal signal.
If you experience any issue with this process, please kindly save screenshots of error messages to help us assist you better.
Can I still boil water if my Wi-Fi goes down?
Yes, you can still use the kettle without the Wi-Fi using the buttons on the kettle base.
Once the Wi-Fi comes back, please press and hold the 100 degree button to enter the Wi-Fi connection mode, then the kettle will automatically connect to the same network again.
What if there is no water in the kettle?
Don't worry if there is no water in the kettle, the kettle has a built-in auto shut off mechanism - once it detects dry boiling, the kettle will be shut off and the Wi-Fi connection will be cut off.
Moreover, you will also receive a notification on your mobile phone app. Please ensure you have enabled push notifications both in the app and in your mobile phone system setting for the Smart Life app
Can you see how much water there is in the kettle on the App?
No. Ideally the kettle will be refilled after each use so there is always enough water for the next cup of tea and when you need to make tea, you can just shout out "Alexa, turn on the kettle" without having to take out your phone to check.
Can I use the kettle without smart speakers?
Yes, you can still control the kettle remotely using just the mobile phone app.
How does the baby milk mode work?
It's is a 1 tap switch upon which, the kettle will heat up the kettle up to 100°C and cool down naturally to 70°C and keep warm for 1 hour. You can stop the programme at any time.
For more on how to prepare for baby milk, please refer to NHS guidelines and the instruction on your baby milk packaging.